Updates this week are as follows:
MEETING IDS + PASSWORDS ARE CHANGING!
- Starting Monday, May 11, ALL classrooms have been designated a new Classroom ID and password! You will find these on your weekly class schedule along with your conference room credentials! Old classroom IDs and passwords will no longer be applicable to South Hills.
- Next week, Zoom Academy will still operate as usual, but parents will also be attending conferences. I am leading conferences with Erica in the Green Room but will also sit in on all conferences for children with IEPs. I look forward to meeting with you! With the exception of the Green Room, all assessments are in your Dropbox handout folder now; I will add the Green Room assessments by Sunday a.m. and am actively working to complete those now.
- Conferences have strict time limitations and are NOT intended as a time to discuss our time line to reopen the building. Conferences are intended as a time to discuss your child’s achievements. Teachers and I will refrain from answering any COVID-related questions during conferences.
- CONFERENCE ROOMS WILL BE ACCESSIBLE VIA A DESIGNATED ZOOM MEETING ID AND PASSWORD. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR MAY 11 CLASS SCHEDULE (LOCATED IN YOUR CLASSROOM DROPBOX) FOR YOUR CONFERENCE ROOM ID AND PASSWORD.
- In order to ensure that conferences remain private, teachers will need to “admit” parents into the conference prior to joining. After you type in your conference room credentials, you will be placed in a temporary “waiting room” until the conference before you has ended.
- Our May 26 re-open date is still pending. The staff and I have much training to complete and additional guidelines continue to be given to me. I will be sending you the details of our plan to reopen once it is firmly established. Until then, I appreciate your patience.
- Based on your feedback, I am also working to offer the option to continue with Zoom Academy for those children whose families do not want to return prior to June 12, the final day of the spring term.
- I am receiving over 50 emails daily and am far behind in my responses. I do apologize, but I am meeting constantly with my attorney, accountant, licensing representatives, insurance company agents and so many others, while trying to take all the required COVID training and attempting to develop our potential re-opening plan. As a result, while I do read all of your emails, I am simply unable to reply to everyone at this time.
- However, I do appreciate your continued communication with us. In order to ensure that your feedback and concerns are documented and addressed moving forward, please reach out with questions and concerns to Beth (HERE) first!
- Your final invoice for the spring term was sent out on May 1. This invoice contains your tuition for the entire month of May and the first two weeks of June (through June 12). Please refer to your invoice for a full break-out of your weekly tuition and the dates covered.
- Summer term begins on June 15. You will receive your summer invoice closer to that date.
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT
- Remember to stop by the South Hills foyer on Saturday (tomorrow) between 9-3:00pm to retrieve your Mother’s Day gift from your child (One at a time please!)! For those who do not celebrate this holiday, you can still locate your child’s spring creation tomorrow in the foyer and enjoy it even though it is SNOWING as I write this! Please do not go beyond the foyer.
Happy Mother’s Day!
♥ Ms Connie