Thank you for your continued support of South Hills Zoom Academy! Your positive response has been overwhelming and we are pleased that this “pick and choose” option of live and recorded sessions is working well for you. Your emails of support and encouragement make our day!
Governor Wolf has now begun the process of reopening our state and County Executive Kathy Dahlkemper has also supported that Erie County be among the regions to reopen. Once the county/state reaches Phase 2 of the reopening plan, South Hills will be able to reopen. We are HOPING this occurs around mid May, as each phase is approximately two weeks in length. Many states are already moving to Phase 1 after preliminary criteria have been met.
I am being proactive and hopeful; I met with my staff late yesterday afternoon to share my plan with them. I would now like to share it with you:
- Assessments will now be sent to your Dropbox Folder on May 8 rather than May 15. Parent Conferences will be scheduled for the week of May 11 for BOTH full and half day students and Kindergarten students via Zoom. Details will be sent to you prior to Conference week, as we will have secure conference rooms created for each of you. You will soon receive your conference date and time from Mary via email.
- With conferences out of the way, if the school reopens on May 18, that means all children could return and we will extend the half day school year to May 28 and 29 (These dates were previously reserved for Parent Conferences).
- Half-day graduation would take place on the final two days of the term, May 28 and 29.
- Full day students and Kindergarteners would be able to have their graduation as scheduled on June 11 and 12.
- The Waldameer picnic may need to be rescheduled; we will let you know as soon as we receive updates.
- When we reopen, PDE is requiring our Kindergarten program to be categorized as a School Age Program since PA schools are formally closed. More details on this later…
- Follow us on our new Instagram account for photos of the school (including photos of our garden) to share with your children! Find us @southhillsinc
I will keep you posted as information changes frequently. My staff and I would be overjoyed to return to South Hills within a month and see your children and resume our work with them! I continue to say prayers for all daily! Be safe; be well...