South Hills Child Development Center Inc. is set to re-open on Tuesday, May 26.
Our official Reopening Plan dated May 17, 2020 is downloadable ABOVE as a PDF. Please read this document carefully!
The Reopening Plan dated May 17, 2020 highlights our safety procedures during Phase 2 of the Pennsylvania reopening plan. Amendments to this plan will be released as Covid-19 developments are announced in the coming weeks and months.
On Wednesday or Thursday of this week, you will be contacted by phone to discuss how you choose to proceed with enrollment. New students will receive details regarding orientation.
If you are currently enrolled in the Spring 2020 term (ending FRIDAY, JUNE 12), your options are as follows:
- Return in person beginning Tuesday, May 26 until the term concludes on Friday, June 12.
- Continue with Zoom Academy through Friday, June 12. If you choose this option, you understand that only one teacher will be able to continue our entire virtual learning initiative (as all other teachers will return to the school) and it will most likely not be your child’s current teacher. Kindergarteners do not have the option for Zoom Academy after May 22.
- Withdraw. Deposits will be returned and refunds for pre-paid tuition will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
If you are registered for Full Day Preschool, Kindergarten, or School-Age beginning Summer 2020 (starting MONDAY, JUNE 15), your options are as follows:
- Attend in person classes beginning Monday, June 15.
- Attend online classes via Zoom Academy beginning Monday, June 15. If you choose this option, you understand that only one teacher will be able to continue our entire virtual learning initiative (as all other teachers will return to the school) and it will most likely not be your child’s classroom teacher. Kindergarteners do not have the option for Zoom Academy. We are brainstorming potential School-Age program ideas via Zoom, if there is an interest.
- Withdraw. Deposits will be refunded.
IMPORTANT: If you choose to withdraw your child for the summer term, you are also forfeiting your enrollment for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year (Not applicable to School-Age students). If you hope to eventually return to us, we can keep your child on our waiting list. However, we must fill any vacant spots and cannot guarantee that an opening will be available or which classroom will be available for your child.
Additional updates below:
- Zoom Academy ends Friday, May 29 for the half day preschool program.
- We had hoped to extend the school year for two weeks for our half day students, but that will not be possible now; for closure we would LOVE to have you call and make an appointment to meet with your child’s teacher briefly in our foyer for some parting words.
- Starting Monday, May 18, teachers will be working in the school and the foyer will be open approximately 9:00-4:30pm. Mothers, please stop by the foyer to pick up your Mother’s Day plant that your child grew if you haven’t already—please hurry as your plants won’t survive long!
ღ Ms Connie