It has been another successful week of South Hills Zoom Academy and my staff and I are thrilled to see so many children attending! Your continued emails and kind support are a daily boost for us and we are so happy to connect with your children through virtual learning.
As an update, the Governor’s recent plan includes the potential for Child Care Centers to reopen on May 8, but we have some initial problems to work out:
- Half day programs may not be included in the reopening plan and may need to continue online. We’ll keep you informed of any updates.
- It also appears that the Kindergarten students may be able to return as School Age students, but are not permitted to have any in-person Kindergarten lessons, as schools are closed! Again, guidelines are still unclear and I am seeking interpretation from our licensing representative.
- To complicate the situation even further, the reopening of child care centers depends on the school meeting all the “employee and building standards”, which are currently being created. These standards will highlight sanitization and health practices that we will be required to implement. Once those are received, I will see how quickly we are able to put them in place, but cannot guarantee it will be by May 8.
- I have purchased a non-contact thermometer, as anyone entering the building must have their temperature documented.
- I have ordered Germ Guardian filters to use in each classroom after hours to effectively kill all bacteria and viruses from the air with UV light. Germ Guardian filters will soon be installed on all the furnaces as well.
- I ordered a basket to hang from the front doors to hold Clorox wipes for the security key pad (They must be out of reach of children).
As requested during music class, please take photos or scan your children’s art work and send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org (scanning recommended)! I will post as much as I can on Instagram (@southhillsinc).
Hug your children from me and all of the South Hills’ teachers!